Thursday 17 May 2007

The next best thing

I had a facial last night. And if you exclude the fact that I was told:

"You should really look after your skin better."

and

"You now have mature skin."

It was bliss. One and half hours of being pampered. Who could ask for more?

I have also come away feeling quite motivated.

My beautician, who has always been gorgeous anyway, has dropped two dress sizes and nearly ALL of her body fat on this new wonder fitness regime. She has paid £1700 to this guy down the gym. Money well spent if you ask me. After two weeks of personal training and a strict education on the impact of bad foods (which include anything with wheat or fat), she was ready to go it alone.

A few months later she has dropped TWO DRESS SIZES!!!

Albeit, she has to go to the gym for an hour and a half every day and her main meal of the day consists of two slices of gluten free bread, a small tin of baked beans and a protein shake but she is a SIZE 6!!!!

I want a slice of this success - who cares if its gluten free. I'm going to start a running regime. Up at 6 and a run before work. And a strict diet of no alcohol during the week, or red meat, no carbs at lunch and no crisps, chocolate or cakes. You watch I will be in size 6s in no time. Well, I would be happy with a size 10.

It only makes sense to start it next week of course. That means I will need to eat all the goodies in the house so there is no temptation ... this diet sounds like its going to be fun! x

2 comments:

Beccy said...

The diet I could possibly cope with but the daily gym sessions would get a bit boring. Although two dress sizes in a few months would be great.

sallywrites said...

Hi Juliet!!

Thank you for visitng my blog and for your lovely comnent!

I am definitely NOT a size 6, American or English and your beautician's routine sounds like a lot of effort to me! And I'm sure that at 30 your skin is lovely!!! The thing is that unless you are in the beauty business and therefore have a gym readily on hand each day, has anyone this sort of time available I wonder?

And will she still be a size 6 in six months time, or will the hard regime become just too much?

Life's too short not to enjoy your 30's. They are your best years believe me. Make the most of them and if it means being an 8 or a 10 or a 12 instead, so what really. I'm sure that you are beautiful anyway!