Friday 18 May 2007

Just plain rude

Is it me, or does anyone else find recruitment agencies the rudest people in the world?

Now I know this is a sweeping statement and not true of them all. One of my best friend's is one for goodness sake but a fair few give the whole sector a bad name.

I am looking for a new job at the moment. I am a Marketing Manager in the education sector and am looking to move into a similar role but for a high profile charity in London. I have followed the procedure correctly. Emailed my CV, met with the better agencies and apply for any jobs I like the look of.

Two agencies have been brilliant: Execucare and Prospect-us.

Two not so bad: Harris Hill and Flow Caritas.

The rest ... RUDE, RUDE, RUDE.

I either suffer from no response to my emails, rudeness on the telephone when I make a call and a severe sense of nonchalance from the agencies in general.

Now I don't know whether it is because they are unable to see past the fact that I haven't worked in exactly the same sector before, I have a bad CV or they just can't be bothered but I find their attitude offensive and rude. I mean they are recruiting for marketing roles, should they not take a crash course in CRM themselves.

I hate bad manners.

On a brighter note, its Friday and the sun is shining ... oh and I feel a hell of a lot better for my PMT induced rant.

Thanks for listening. x

No comments: